Capstone Mining Corp. is a Canadian base metals mining company, committed to the responsible development of our assets and the environments in which we operate. We are preferentially focused on copper, with two producing copper mines, the Cozamin copper-silver-zinc-lead mine located in Zacatecas State, Mexico and the Minto copper-gold-silver mine in Yukon, Canada. In addition, Capstone has two development projects, the large scale 70% owned Santo Domingo copper-iron-gold project in Chile in partnership with Korea Resources Corporation and the 100% owned Kutcho copper-zinc-gold-silver project in British Columbia, as well as exploration properties in Canada, Chile, Mexico and Australia. Using our cash flow and strong balance sheet as a springboard, Capstone aims to grow with continued mineral resource and reserve expansions, exploration, and through acquisitions in politically stable, mining-friendly regions. Our headquarters are in Vancouver, Canada and we are listed on the TSX.
Capstone is included in the S&P/TSX Composite Index and the S&P/TSX Global Mining Index.
- Strong copper prices - the outlook for copper remains strong as a result of the strong growth in emerging markets such as China, India and Brazil.
- Strong financial position - cash-rich balance sheet and low debt. Cash flow from operations provides a growing cash position.
- Highly competitive operations - high grade, low cost, low risk copper production with significant by-products of gold, silver, lead & zinc.
- Organic growth - continued exploration success provides potential for mineral resource growth, conversion to mineral reserves and production expansions.
- Potential third and fourth mines - Kutcho copper-zinc-silver-gold development project in Northern B.C and 70% owned Santo Domingo copper-iron-gold development project in Chile in partnership with Korea Resources Corp.
- Mergers and acquisitions - Capstone's has been successfully built through strong mergers and acquisitions with an aim to continue to grow production.
- Capstone's Management team and board of directors provide a sound platform of knowledge and expertise, with a proven ability to deliver on targets.